Attendance will only be permitted upon receipt of full payment. Please note that the program and speakers are subject to change without notice. If the venue changes, you will be notified. Built World Media Pty Ltd operating under the name FuturePlace Media will not be responsible for any event re-scheduled or cancelled.
For the purpose of these terms and conditions “Force Majeure Event” means any event or circumstance arising that is beyond the reasonable control of FuturePlace (including but not limited to governmental laws, ordinances, regulations, requisitions, restrictions, guidelines, recommendations or action, imposition of sanctions, embargo, military action, acts or threats of terrorism or war, mob, civil commotion or riot, health scares (including without limitation, epidemic and pandemic (e.g., COVID-19), whether or not new, ongoing or recurring), fire, acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake, severe weather, disaster, disruption to transportation, third party contractor/supplier failure, venue damage or cancellation, industrial dispute, strikes, labour disputes, interruption/failure of utility service, lack of commodities or supplies, accidents, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination, speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, or any other comparable calamity or casualty).
- i) Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is always welcome at no extra charge. FuturePlace Media regrets that no cancellations will be refunded, however, event documentation will be sent to the delegates post event.
- ii) FuturePlace (at its sole discretion) may change the date of an Event at any time for any reason. Where FuturePlace changes the date of the Event for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of paragraph iii) shall apply) FuturePlace shall automatically transfer your registration to any rearranged Event that FuturePlace organises. If the event does not proceed for any other reason apart from Force Majeure then the full amount of the particular event paid will be refunded.
iii) In the case of Force Majeure rendering the running of the event impracticable, the Organiser (FuturePlace Media) will commit to running the event at a later date.
- iv) FuturePlace does not provide refunds for cancellations made more than 7 days after your registration is received, therefore the invoiced fee remains payable in full.
- v) Should you wish to cancel your registration within the 7-day cooling off period, we will refund your registration fee less an administration fee (per attendee) of AU$220 (GST inclusive) for live events and AU$88 (GST inclusive) for online-only events. Please note, this cooling off period is available to individual or group attendee registrations only and is not applicable to commercial sponsors/partners..Any cancellation must be made in writing and sent by email to your direct contact at FuturePlace and/or to firstname.lastname@example.org
- vi) If booking within 7 days of the event start date, full payment is required and due at time of booking. No cooling off period exists and no refund will be provided for bookings/registrations made within 7 days of the event.
vii) FuturePlace will make available event documentation to any attendee who is unable to attend and who has paid in full. This includes on-demand access to our online-only events (session recordings and slides) for 12 months. Unfortunately some speakers request their papers and/or presentations are not distributed.
ATTENDEE AMENDMENT POLICY
Downgrading of registrations is not permitted. Registrations may be upgraded at any time.
SHARING OF PASSES
FuturePlace does not allow shared registrations. Each registration allows admittance of one person only.
Any estimates or representations made by FuturePlace as to the number or make-up of event participants are based on market research and experience and are estimates only and not a guarantee or warranty as to the number, actual identity, purchasing power or level of responsibility of attendees at a FuturePlace event.
To qualify for a Group Booking Discount, all members of the group must come from the same organisation (or be included on the one invoice), be registered at the same time and registration must be finalised in a single payment.
For individual and group attendee bookings only, payment is required either at the time of booking or within 7 days of an invoice being issued. No admittance will be granted where payment has not been received in full, unless a prior arrangement has been made in writing with FuturePlace. If booking within 7 days of the event start date, full payment is required and due at the time of booking. For all other commercial sponsorships/partnerships, please refer to your agreement/contract for payment terms.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, FuturePlace excludes: (a) all liability for loss, injury, disease or damage to persons or property at the Event; (b) all indemnities, warranties, representations (whether express or implied); and (c) any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss, any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss, suffered by you howsoever arising. If FuturePlace is liable to you for any reason, FuturePlace’s total liability to you in relation to the Event (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of your fees received by FuturePlace.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Sydney.
However, nothing shall prevent or restrict FuturePlace from pursuing any action against you in any court of competent jurisdiction.